Consolidation and Accounting
We ensure the continuous availability of accurate accounting information for the Group and its operations, and define consolidation standards to be used consistently throughout the Group. We are responsible for producing the consolidated Group accounts, under IFRS, on a quarterly basis ensuring the highest quality of reporting. The team works closely with the Finance teams in the Group’s business units and the Group auditors to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the reporting process.
Depending on the position, responsabilities may include:
- The preparation of statutory accounts
- updates to the Groups internal financial accounting manual
- participation in closing meetings
- working alongside and interaction with other Group functions such as Strategy and those involved in the development and implementation of the Groups transaction and reporting systems (primarily SAP).
Treasury, Corporate Finance & Enterprise Risk Management
We enhance the Group's long-term value by optimising its financial resources while ensuring the lowest possible cost and risk. We also manage and reduce financial risk by supporting the Group's business operations and advising subsidiaries on financial matters such as borrowing and foreign exchange.
Furthermore, the treasury department is responsible for the Group’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) activities and reporting. ERM consists of identifying measures to mitigate risks, coordinating the implementation of identified actions under the supervision of the Group Risk Management Committee (RMC).
Depending on the position, responsibilities may include:
- coordination and management of all financial treasury flows
- coordination of group corporate finance activities and funding (including intercompany financing and issuance of guarantees)
- coordination, implementation and follow-up of financial risk management action plans
- centralization and management of group financial risks
- consolidated treasury reporting
- bank relationship management
- rating agency relationship management
- preparation and coordination of Enterprise Risk Management across the group, including group reporting to Audit Committee, Board and to main shareholder and all necessary actions to mitigate risks.
Controlling & Investments
Corporate Controlling & Investments monitors the operational and financial performance of RTL Group, projects its financial performance, and supports the RTL Group Executive Committee in its decision-making regarding financial matters, including investment initiatives.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- serving as the interface between our shareholders, the RTL Group Executive Committee, and our Business Units in all financial matters;
- ensuring monthly reporting, quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting;
- critical follow-up on the operational and financial performance of our businesses and helping to identify economic risk;
- tracking RTL Group’s invested capital and cash flow;
- reviewing investment proposals of major projects of our Business Units, preparing investment proposals for RTL Group projects, and managing the approval process.
RTL Group’s Corporate Controlling & Investments works in close cooperation with the financial teams as well as the Strategy and M&A teams of the Business Units. Furthermore, it regularly interacts with RTL Group’s other corporate teams and its senior management.
We monitor and manage the Group’s tax structure to ensure compliance and minimize risk exposure.
We are responsible for tax risk reviews on regular basis and in case of restructuring and other major corporate transactions, we manage relationships with tax authorities and tax advisors and work closely with the finance departments of our Business Units and shareholder.
We manage the relationship and act as a first point of contact for RTL Group’s shareholders. We ensure a transparent and compliant communication to the financial community including investment banks, hedge funds and media analysts, on both the buy and sell side. A clear understanding and knowledge of the Group’s businesses and strategic direction are required in order to be able to steer and influence the financial community.
Our work covers input into the quarterly earnings releases, responsibility for the associated investor presentations and messaging, presentations for roadshows and investor conferences and the review of sell-side analyst models to ensure consenus expectations are in line with the most recent Management view.